My 8th place in the 2018 IAU 100k World Championships
What a race, can’t quite believe it all came to gether and I had the race of my life at the World Championships to finish 1st GB team Athlete | 2nd European placing 8th overall and World Masters MV40 100k World Champion in the 2018 IAU 100k World Championships.
So the 2018 IAU 100k World Championships were held in the Croatian town of Sveti Martin na Muri hosted the 2018 IAU 100k World Championships. It was a slightly unusual course for a 100-kilometer world championships, which are usually hosted on flat routes. This course netted about 800 meters (2,600 feet) of climb over 100k via constant hills. The course was made up of one initial 2.5km out-and-back followed by 13 out-and-backs that were 7.5km in length.
I loved the course, it suited my running perfectly. Watch the YouTube video to hear my thoughts and race summary here.
- 8th place in the 2018 IAU 100k World Championships, completing the race in a time of 6 hours 43 minutes and 22 seconds.
- World Champion M40 WMA 100k (World Masters MV40 100k World Champion)
- 1st GB Athlete | 2nd European 2018 IAU 100k World Championships > 30th IAU WMA 100k World Championships
- 7th GB 🇬🇧 All time 100k Road #100k > Runbritainrankings 100k All Time
- 1st GB 2018 100k Road #100k > Runbritainrankings 100k 2018
- irunfar.com – 2018 IAU 100k World Championships Results
- fastrunning.com – Hideki Yamaguchi wins World 100k as GB’s Ant Clark finishes fantastic 8th
- live.cro100.run – 30. World Championship 100km – Results – All Individual
- Bournemouthac.co.uk -delivers-performance-of-his-life-at-100k-world-champs/